Ring Protocol believes that open source, on-chain protocols benefit from community member participation in testing and debugging the smart contracts. As the launch of Ring Protocol, it is beneficial to formalize the program incentivizing those dedicated security engineers who can help make Ring Protocol safer (the “Program”). All bug reports please email to email@example.com!
This Program is limited to the vulnerabilities affecting the Ring Protocol contract in the following contract groups. All contract addresses can be found here.
The following are not within the scope of the Program:
- The example contracts and the contracts in the test folder
- Contract code that is not within or has been removed from the mentioned above folders
- Bugs in any third party contract or platform that interacts with Ring Protocol
- Any designed business logics
- Vulnerabilities already reported and/or discovered in contracts built by third parties on Ring Protocol
- Any already-reported bugs.
Vulnerabilities contingent upon the occurrence of any of the following activities also are outside the scope of this Program:
Front end bugs;
- DDOS attack;
- Automated tools; and
- Compromising or misusing third-party systems or services.
The severity of bugs will be assessed under the CVSS Risk Rating scale, as follows:
- Critical (9.0–10.0): Up to $20,000
- High (7.0–8.9): Up to $5,000
- Medium (4.0–6.9): Up to $1,000
- Low (0.1–3.9): Up to $500
In addition to assessing severity, rewards will be considered based on the impact of the discovered vulnerability as well as the level of difficulty in discovering such vulnerability.
Any vulnerability or bug discovered must be reported only to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org. must not be disclosed publicly; must not be disclosed to any other person, entity, or email address prior to disclosure to the email@example.com email; and must not be disclosed in any way other than to the firstname.lastname@example.org email. In addition, disclosure to email@example.com must be made promptly following the discovery of the vulnerability. Please include as much information about the vulnerability as possible, including:
- The conditions on which reproducing the bug are contingent.
- The steps needed to reproduce the bug or, preferably, a proof of concept.
- The potential implications of the vulnerability being abused.
A detailed report of a vulnerability increases the likelihood of a reward and may increase the reward amount.
Anyone who reports a unique, previously unreported vulnerability that results in a change to the code or a configuration change and who keeps such vulnerability confidential until it has been resolved by our engineers will be recognized publicly for their contribution if agreed.
To be eligible for a reward under this Program, you must:
- Discover a previously unreported, non-public vulnerability that would result in a loss of or a lock on any ERC-20 token on Ring Protocol (but not on any third party platform interacting with Ring Protocol) and that is within the scope of this Program.
- Be the first to disclose the unique vulnerability to firstname.lastname@example.org, in compliance with the disclosure requirements above.
- Provide sufficient information to enable our engineers to reproduce and fix the vulnerability.
- Not engage in any unlawful conduct when disclosing the bug to email@example.com, including through threats, demands, or any other coercive tactics.
- Not exploit the vulnerability in any way, including through making it public or by obtaining a profit (other than a reward under this Program).
- Make a good faith effort to avoid privacy violations, destruction of data, interruption, or degradation of Ring Protocol.
- Submit only one vulnerability per submission, unless you need to chain vulnerabilities to provide impact regarding any of the vulnerabilities.
- Not submit a vulnerability caused by an underlying issue that is the same as an issue on which a reward has been paid under this Program.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Not be subject to US sanctions or reside in a US-embargoed country.
- Not be one of our current or former employees, vendors, or contractors or an employee of any of those vendors or contractors.
- Comply with all the eligibility requirements of the Program.
All reward decisions, including eligibility for and amounts of the rewards and the manner in which such rewards will be paid, are made at our sole discretion.
The terms and conditions of this Program may be altered at any time.
- Learn more about Ring Protocol: https://ringlabs.medium.com/introducing-ring-protocol-709d6eedd79b
- Why Ring Protocol is better than Curve: https://ringlabs.medium.com/why-use-ring-protocol-over-curve-533fcadf721